Interior Design Ideas
IIf you can't afford to give your home a posh decorating makeover, there are ways to cut corners and still give your place a fresh look.
The hardest part can be deciding how to begin. Experts recommend keeping a file of eye-catching ideas clipped from magazines. Once you have some ideas, experts stress the importance of bringing in your own personality. Don't be afraid to trust your likes and dislikes because that's the key. Don't be afraid to be yourself in choosing furnishing, style, color and accessories.
And remember that it can be an ongoing project that doesn't have to be tackled all at once. If you let the room develop slowly, you're going to save yourself quite a bit of money. After you've lived in the room you know what you want and need, and you can avoid making a unnecessary purchase. So best recommendation of designing your interiors is to do it in stages.
You can renovate your room by using your old furniture but give them a new look. Revive an old sofa or chair with fabric slipcovers or change the cushion covers. This will give you the added advantage of mixing and matching the interiors with the change in season and style. The most important thing to remember is loads of creativity and a willingness to experiment is required.
A few ideas and Tips
Here are a few tips for decorating your house without being worried about the budget:
1. Look around you and analyze what changes you require to have in the house and what is available to you. If you just want to change the old look of your living room or hall then you need not worry much. Just shift your furniture and change the style and appearance. Bring in minor changes in the decorative pieces hanging on the wall or kept on the side tables. Change the sofa covers and cushion covers and there you go…your room will look new and exciting.
2. If you are a person who likes to be near Mother Nature…you can decorate your home or living room with potted plants. Plants placed in nice pots and lit from beneath so the light can bounce up off the leaves gives the room a very energetic look.
3. In the last decade candles have become a fashionable part of our home décor. Today candles are sold in department stores, boutiques and in supermarkets, but not all candles are the same. The quality of the candle, the burn time, and the lasting fragrance are important when looking for a candle to decorate your home that will illuminate and scent your surroundings.
4. When redesigning your kitchen do not throw away the old furniture Creative reuse of shelves, benches, tables, dressers, cabinets and various other used materials can give your kitchen a totally new look. Many interior designers encourage simple and attractive kitchens that include components that are intended to show their age. The scratches and scars are called patina, and are valued as part of the charm. Some companies even artificially "distress" new pieces to make them appear old and worn. So think twice before you throw away that old piece of furniture. It could easily bring your kitchen a new look.
5. You can decorate your house by using beautiful, artificial flowers/plants, which are available at all home stores. They look real and are easy to maintain. However if you want to decorate your house with real flowers then nothing like it.
6. You can also use mirrors to decorate your room. Use mirrors where you can as they look beautiful and give a feeling of added space.